Monday, September 19, 2016

Puppy



Syrup
Vocal doubling in music is 
hummingbird food to me
the cherry on top 
voices coated in sugary red syrup

On the way to the airport
I've already left the place
I'm somewhere inside myself
Looking for symbols and signs
to color the next chapter


Emo Cntd.
Unease traipses lightly around me
an overhead projector casts bad thoughts
onto the walls of my dark hallway behind it all
A hallway like a gap between
Like I'm always peaking around the corner 
at my life, my friends
At the space in between
I really see it like a hallway
Or a layer of asphalt underneath 
with a lowered ceiling that is the ground above 
The space between how I feel 
and how I want to feel
The space between
how... . .


White Jeep Compass
All of our boxed things in a room
All the way across the country
Above the garage 
With sloping ceilings and 
Thick beige carpeting 

My baby's hands twitch
like a puppy when he sleeps
An electrified corpse 
My sweet dreaming Frankenstein

The Spanish moss 
is sleeping in the trees
Every mark on my face 
is a bad thought in my mind