Monday, February 12, 2024

a.t.p.2

I don't fit at my desk
struggling with where my hands go
each task I take on
is slicing up the time
trying to fit into an outline 
just in front and to the right of me
they said there was no future
but after all we're in it 
in it together
after all I know now
I was bitten by angels
when I feel limited
I think of the point you make
of gathering sunlight
of keeping the windows wide 
of batting cages and
upside-down cake
to be in your car
really feeling the road 
sunlight overarching
two spot rainbows
on either side of the sky
I'm happy thinking about 
us each looping the new song
remotely, respectively
life is
it's never what you think it's for
and I can't seem to say it all
and I have to write or 
I'll never know
I'll never know 
but I have to write
dream with frosted orange 
glass zippo shaped like one half
of a butterfly wing
then my alarm
goes off and simultaneously
a map of all my 
relationships spreads out 
in my mind