Sunday, November 5, 2017

Nothing Every Goes Away (pt 1)


says James
the words feel strong now
I used to have
religion, but nothing
ever goes away
a song to hum,
one you wake up with in your head
a dead friend, any desire
any lie stays

relationships are
delicate truths made
of lies

familiar even with just 
words is the scene: walking 
through the city, the new couple
on the same streets I was
feeling the same way
along the lines of
gold and blue or
whiskey and perfume
she leaned closer to him
and the colors of her shawl flashed

when new york is about to burst
with heat and light and
everyone walking
is part of that

I want to convey the meaning
and weight of energy
without resorting to
anything that exists
already

but in the same way 
that New York'sparticipantss
create its heat, do the passengers
on this plane
create the stale air of stress
the combinations of origins 
the cauldron of energy in
any given container
maybe I should look at
chemistry

where does one energy stop 
and another begin how
does the massive looming west coast 
cloud filled sky goldenpeach ripe...
above the rockies 
where is the wall between that 
and the aliens of us 
how different could the big 
quiet sky be
from the stale stress

I have conquered my fear
of turbulence today
because it wouldn't cease
I won't clutch my chest
or close my eyes,
put down the book
but I say that now
I stare at my veins
and wonder about
their reaction to
this unimaginable
pressure