Wednesday, September 21, 2022

moocher's paradise diary, 2

  I bum a 
Camel 
  Red from 
a weathered 
  blue-eyed 
gentleman
  conversing 
with
   himself

John Wayne
    he bought 
 her 
    martini... he 
 bought her 
    a martini 
and said 
   "how'd you 
like to be 
   queen of 
the cow
       girls?"

I say 
   I'd like that 
but he 
  wasn't actually 
   talking 
to me

 stepping 
lightly
  along the 
city hall 
  rose garden 
runway 
  I offer each 
vivacious 
    bloom 
  a drag
and think 
    of the playing
cards painting 
    the white 
flowers red 
     for the
Queen o' 
    Hearts

   the monarchs
dip around us 
   drunk 
or 
 hungover 

I stop at 
   a handful 
of shoppes
  to offer up
my time
   for money
dosing out
   some love
and hunnys
  from my
lipstick'd
  mouth

I keep
  a deflective
hat and
   glasses on 
to medusa 
   any men 
waiting 
   in the 
shade 
  to hurl 
unsolicited
  advice 
in my
   direction
as they are 
   so reliably
want 
  to do...