Thursday, July 6, 2023

for me, anger (or july 5)


it is poetry ultimately that grants survival
to a degree beyond pure function

breaks up the fight and
and cuts the scheme for the next 
kitchen window which I will look out 
in love

anyway there is sun dancing here
in this 6 pm, or there was

the kitchen window I will look out alone
depending on strength the hardwood 
table top to which I apply years
of wear now
 
how I want years of

but the way tonight joins with 
ln, fused in one still of the sun 
setting through bamboo

and yet, there is the shop vac
the compost
the radio

I know a me poem now grown 
on edge and medicine

at best, I devise 
a tattoo with a shadow

here is the cat's grave
her name written in rocks
unspelling itself

there is the oregano
the exterminator 
the phone
it's power

for me, anger, July 5
and one orange left on the tree