Monday, January 22, 2018

Dream # + After



I think I dream of true community
always so many people in one place
with no walls

this time the freeways were littered with people
and the blankets that they may have had in their cars
everyone had the norovirus-bird-flu

it looked like camping but
everyone was just laying,
throwing up and dying
I guess

I wondered how they got sick in their cars
but I never saw those walls

when I couldn't drive any further
I left my car at the edge of the people
nearly sick myself, I had to ditch
my new Nike zip ups on someone's
vomit towel, and I missed them
even before the lightweight neoprene
had fully left my feet
I walked off my exit, shoeless






25 cents to pay for myself to reappear
just to see me flat and frizzy
without even a face






what doesn't get old






starring in a dream is just
front manning the emotional riff-raff
and dealing with the various shapes






sometimes when the sun comes up
it's so brand new
it feels like Monday or spring