Monday, December 11, 2017

give the fear some space


what would happen if the earth quaked 
at the same time as the wildfires?
I can't imagine the look of it
can't sleep because of it

for one moment the bed vibrates
and I find myself in the center
of our room's incomplete darkness
looking like a gecko I imagine
posing like a cobra in socks 
hands flat and sinking, eyes
can't

turning over into a different kind
of sleep, a different version
that's brighter
like if it were a job
I'd be paid differently

and this time I have memory
of the thin layer, the veil
I can see all of its colors
mind routes physicalized 
why do I spend so much 
time here
being awake is just
not being there
but rather upright
in yellow and orange clothes

I dream about a
girl's pregnancy 
of course
it was no big thing
like another weekend event
light and boring even
but I don't remember 
a bottom half on any
of our body's

all these frags® repeat and
make circles somehow
the chorus of the veil
the bright, dirty screen song
the chorus of limbs missing
organs melting, bottom halves
roller skating off 

the trance of fear
stuffs me like a dolly 

the woman with the celestial name
tells me to sit next to it
next to the fear, on a park bench
hear the birds, feel the sun
feel the whole world around