Monday, February 26, 2018

Thirsty Mess




I want to sleep on Alone like a bed
charmed by hunger and pure
clarity just gushing
new eczema deleted

again

my skin isn’t meant for Dried Up
Drafty Here


the studio feels like a grimy shape
with dirty strands
loose like a banana’s
trashy and hoarded
irrelevant, badly colored,
temporary threads

I can write one line in its honor

I can will a dream in absence
of anyone/thing


but my sad thirsty skin
attached fully and in theory
to the rest

usually

untethered from clean
and order, breezing by

but to think of a cute apron
and a mopped floor I die a little
for a taste

bundled on the boy couch
the sun leaves me
sideways

some big sense of 
no relief
keeps us rolling,
seeking solutions 

and there are none
besides the rolling
in the meantime






a dream for meantime



we walked all over the continent
first stopping at a Greek beach
was the water real or 
a blanket? 
a family restaurant
in a house, the mob?
we ordered octopus 
and it came in big, wavy sheets
like chicharron, I think
it was charred and delicious
we passed around the sheet
and the family who made it
also took bites 
something to the effect of 
this is how we do it here
it was easy to understand
and I was charmed by the ease

but some brutal, sporty element
a pyramid perhaps

kept me sharp

unrolling the presence
of acute waking absence