Tuesday, January 16, 2024

sw

gravity & grace

1
easier to stand in line for an egg
than to save a human life

base motives have in them 
more energy than noble ones

the faculty of feeding on light
my meat is to do the will of him that sent me

wings raised to the second power
can make things come down without weight

moral gravity
makes us fall to the heights

2
may I never sully anything
though I be utterly transformed into mud

to harm a person
is to receive something from them

heaven helps those
who help themselves

even if we kill or torture our enemy
it is still in a sense imaginary

a beloved being who disappoints me
I wrote to him, it is impossible that he should not reply

by saying what I have said to myself
in his name

men owe us what we imagine they give us
we must forgive this debt

I also am other than what I imagine myself to be
to know this is forgiveness

4
extinguish, empty desire
desire without any wishes

to detach our desire from all good things then to wait
then we touch the absolute good

attachment is a manufacturer of illusions

5
the imagination, filler of the void
is essentially a liar


waiting for god

the beauty of the world is the mouth of a labyrinth

attempts to eat beauty

this universe where which we are living
and of which we form a tiny particle
is the distance put by love between god and god
we are a point in this distance

those we call criminals are only tiles 
blown off a roof by the wind
and falling at random

nailed to the center of the universe