Friday, July 19, 2024

power play with days


my cake digests backwards or 

in shards anxiety shreds


dream also turned fleas a little bit and flu 

the semester, dark, feeding the cat early 

morning earthquake: school dad subway car


today I went to your frost covered field

in the middle of Example Summer 

where days just crumble and it

made me stronger to see stillness


you can’t design another person’s 

death or die it either


dream also had hershey kisses

and now it's raining

woke up to stressful logistics but it's raining


looked at the river really quick

sent you files and bought beer

the day crushes me


unending desire for extension 

and that’s what summer even is

dreams punctuate with subterranean 

temps that flutter into morning


everything manages to get worse and still

I hope to study, consider the 1000 variables

the various planes of consciousness