Monday, October 8, 2018

tiny danseur






is this 'biological clock'?

all the baby dreams
you can hand me that baby






waking up with babies on the brain
and also thinking about
an acquaintance that I wish I knew better

it feels poignant
missing this would-be friend








the poetry in me is skimpy atm

please listen to Debussy,
2 Arabesques: No. 1, Andantino con moto

* * * **** ** *








falling of notes like rain








the humidity weaves a web of mold
in and out and through everything
and it stalks out onto the walls
and the underside of my big desk
fat green leopard print










all of the would-be friends
that I know
and faraway friends

do they wonder about me?



I'm here if they need me
at my spotty desk












we all have passion fatigue
discussing the *current situation in politics*
it seems so blatant, so surreally obvious
the hell and the hand-basket of it all





can we take our government back?
can we make it work for us?
as it never truly has






the mounting dramas of each day
we have never been 
what we say we are
Great U.S.A. the best









there is a type of bug on my desk that I've never seen before
who seems to like Debussy

his movements are extremely fluid
and he tiptoes then pauses, bobbing his head slowly
like a tiny danseur





his antennae cast a shadow
two decorative serifs 
on the white watermarked paper he dances across