Tuesday, June 25, 2024

night (all ages)


one of those memorable nights for micro reasons

for how solitude holds season and ambience

the reggaeton on the soccer field 

the spotlights on wind’s gestures


life drags you, and people back to your heart 

sometimes we are together on flat planes

or pass through each other like archways


sometimes we contain others in love like the snake wrapped egg


on the park bench I feel beautiful in the way only a summer night,

alone, beauty slides around missing


ty said the world used to speak to him in images and now


on the bench a movie plays through my eyes but i’m in it too

this movie is just life, all possibilities of living weaving my two eyes


the music and wind are the same and i sit in their mesh

the party and wind and music become one painting and i'm in it

the night's edge has narrowed bringing me in

my bench is facing the vanishing point the frame is loose

the world will speak to me until