Friday, September 26, 2014

hot joke


a poet is always amused by herself
surprised by statements like
New Jersey with a tiki vibe
even fiction
even fiction that
doesn't resonate for long

a sweatshirt that says minty
worn by a big, sad girl

"ah yes, she is quite cunning
tee hee, yes she often wears
a risky layer
oh my, yes a fireball indeed"


did somebody say joke?


sunshine on the sidewalk sunshine on the sidewalk sideshine on the sunwalk


I push the button on my snowflake keychain
when I get too hot
it chimes three times
and it looks like a translucent telephone
like what they had on Full House
Seventh Heaven, etc
Mima gave it to me
I tried to call Mima today but
the line was busy


Russian Dressing

my patent leathers are hot to touch
shiny shoes with a fashion plate
a reversible hot plate
a low rise, stretch overall
"harmony and havoc"
memory and harmony
tie up slip, cut out western
tie dye, nurse, marcy-marc
a Prada purse, when hot
is a fashion plate (black)