Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Witness Free Fire



Doing this city right
is just thinking about it
how everything disappears
right in front of …
seems
blurry
already a thought
how the angles don't exist
a melt of heat and land
a health center of women
who come from nearby
a restaurant of warm fools
eating egg whites

at night I can hear the coyotes
and all the dogs at once
all the animals actually 
sounds like a real brawl
separated by the time
between neighbors
I wonder if any of them 
are strong enough to break
through my screen door
here enough or feeling eager
or if any human would
just do that
with a tool
in silence

driving in the twinkling sunlight
alongside the beach
the liquid metal water … 
is on the east coast
this is like 
a water bottle movie
cold and shiny w/ rocks
lemons keep falling into 
my car
driving with my boyfriend
I even have 
blonde hair
and $10 for parking 
blurry blonde
thinking about it in harmony
a citrus medley 
clean house and hair

I've gone for 3 runs
in one day
to drive me sane
sitting with the lemons

in the car the blur is completely
silent
the boy is sitting
looking at the rocks
twinkling

an acapella harmony
is doing it right
a sunburn treated with cucumbers
feels like a piano I know how to play

I think of all this with
a great shuffle down the dust
a slope of sliding rock
no warnings but for snakes
them rattlers

Thank you Giovanni
for your phone number
for the ride
for the reputation
for the warning
hiss ...